The social media landscape is changing and changing pretty fast. When Facebook reached the 500-million mark, it became THE topic of discussion among netizens. But, it’s passe because Facebook presently boasts of over 600 million users.
If you had been a social media user for at least a year, you must have come across some amazing facts and stats, some mind-blowing figures showcasing the power of social media. Today, we would be giving out 6 fresh-from-the-oven social media stats, which will convince you that this medium is big and will become BIGGER!
- 1 out of 8 married couples in the US found their soul mates through social media. Trust us, this number will multiply in the coming few years.
- If Mr. Zuckerberg’s Facebook was a country, it would have been the world’s 4th largest nation.
- While TV and Internet took about 12 and 4 years respectively to reach 50 million users, Facebook reached 200 million users in just 12 months.
- An estimated $716 million were spent on social media marketing activities on a global scale in 2010.
- Twitter, one of the most powerful social networking platforms, has search engines which receive an average of 600 million tweets each day. While 25 billion tweets were sent in 2010, social media gurus believe that the number could double or even treble by the end of this year.
- Every 60 seconds, about 35-40 hours of new video is being uploaded on YouTube somewhere across the world.
Share this post