Social media is completely changing the way we live and do business… but it may be difficult for everyone to visualize how fundamental this shift has been. The author of Socialnomics, Erik Qualman, has put together a remarkable video that proves how all-embracing the growth of social media has been. The video comprises some intriguing statistics for marketers, including the following:
- 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products & brands
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 4th largest
- 80% of Twitter usage is on mobile devices… people update anywhere, anytime… imagine what that means for bad customer experiences?
- % of companies using LinkedIn as a primary tool to find employees – 80%
- 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations
- Only 14% trust advertisements
- Only 18% of traditional TV campaigns generate a positive ROI
Qualman considers Social Media as “the biggest shift since the Industrial Revolution”. So how can YOUR business take advantage of this paradigm shift? Visit us at www.pisocialmedia.com and we will guide you on your way.
Share this post