We noticed a trend in businesses using certain social media platforms more than the others. So we have come up with the following list of top six services that we think are being extensively used by different business organizations worldwide.
- Twitter: The social networking and microblogging service which has been ranked as one of the 10-most-visited websites around the world is used by numerous businesses. Most commercial houses find Twitter an easy and effective way to interact with existing customers, update them about new products and services, and find new customers.
- Facebook: Mark Zuckerberg’s social networking service is loved by almost all big, medium, and small businesses around the world. Facebook is bustling with over 600 million users and gives business owners an effective way to connect with their clients.
- WordPress: This blog platform is a favorite of managers, entrepreneurs, and in fact anyone who blogs. Achieving social media success is almost impossible without blogging, and WordPress makes blogging much easier for online marketers. Reports say that as of February 2011, version 3.0 had been downloaded over 32.5 million times.
- LinkedIn: If you are looking for a social networking platform designed exclusively for professionals, LinkedIn is where your search stops. Ss of March 2011, LinkedIn claimed to have about 100 million registered users.
- Skype: A software application which gives you an easy and cost-effective option of making voice calls over the Internet. All calls to Skype users are free irrespective of their geographic locations, and users can also enjoy additional features such as instant messaging, video conferencing, and data transferring.
- YouTube: The video-sharing website has always been an integral part of any social media marketing campaign. Whether you are launching a new product or want to update your existing customers about promotional offers, do it in style by posting a video in YouTube.
Stay tuned, we’ll be back with more information on social media!